Are you tired of your usual land vacations? Have you thought about trying a cruise for the first time? Great! All you need to do is make a reservation and put a deposit down. While you might think it is best to browse thru the cruise line website, find a cruise you like and then call their reservation line or start booking online. But how can you be so sure that you’re getting the best value for your money?
What if there’s another option to get the best cruise deals? Or better yet, the best cruise value!
Here’s a tip – book thru a travel agent. And here are some reasons why:
1. GET A CHEAPER CABIN RATE
Most cruise lines offer their lowest prices on their website. But have you ever noticed that some travel agents offer cheaper cabin rates even though the cruise lines do not have ongoing promotions? Fret not, it’s not a scam. Preferred travel agents are sometimes given access to exclusive, non-advertised rates by cruise ships which allow them to offer discounted cabin rates to their customers. These unadvertised rates help the cruise lines fill their ships without upsetting your fellow guests who have booked at a higher fare. Typically these fares are bare-bones and don’t include any extras. Also, these low fares are not usually available during special holidays and last-minute bookings.
2.ENJOY OTHER PERKS & FREEBIES
To stand out from the competition, all travel agents aim to make their travel packages as attractive as possible. And since most travel agents cannot legally publish prices lower than what the cruise lines offer, they resort to the next appealing incentive – travel perks!
Here are two popular travel perks you can possibly get when you book with a preferred travel agent:
- Onboard Credit. This is the currency onboard. This credit is loaded into your onboard ship account which you can use to purchase goods in shops or to pay for specialty restaurant up-charges. You can also use this to buy souvenir items, beverages and shore excursions.
- Prepaid Gratuities. Expect great services once you are sailing. However, most of the time, you will be required to pay daily gratuities for such services – sometimes amounting up to $18+ dollars a day per person! With free prepaid gratuities offered by your travel agent, you can save over $100 per person for a 8 day / 7 night cruise trip.
3. SCORE THE BEST DEAL
BONUS: Tips to get more savings through your travel agent
- Sign up on a travel agent website/newsletter so you are always updated with their special promotions.
- Book through a seasoned travel agent. They are more often than not ‘preferred agents’ of cruise lines and get special discounts and promotions.
- Compare before you select. Be proactive in calling several travel agents and find one you are comfortable with.
- Don’t be shy to ask for special discounts and freebies. But also be sure to ask about what’s the best value. For many guests, the cheapest price is not the BEST deal or value.
So how to choose the right vacation for you?
Vacations are an investment! With literally thousands of options, choosing the right vacation and the best value is difficult to sort through. That’s where I bring my 12 years of travel experience and expertise to do this right, and get you the best value for your money. With the backing of the largest travel consortium behind me, we have options you can’t find online. Plus our work just gets started once we book your dream vacation. Chat with us to learn more.
The world awaits you and we look forward to assisting you in choosing the exact right adventure on the waters or land for you and your companions!