Welcome to our definitive guide to Silversea Cruises. Silversea is an ultra-luxury cruise line, and is now part of the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, & Azamara family. Silversea offers mid-size luxury ships sailing typical ocean cruises. Their fleet of expedition ships sails to exotic destinations most cruise lines can’t visit. The line is known for its exceptional cuisine and guests who like to dress up for dinner and the evening. Silversea’s guests are very loyal, give it high reviews, and keep going back.
Should you choose Silversea Cruises
Yes, if you want/value
- All-inclusive pricing (not including the spa/salon)
- Enjoy a more formal dress code
- All suite ships with butler service
- Italian inspired interior design & cuisine
- Intimate smaller ships with fewer passengers
- Expedition cruises (Silversea has several expedition cruise ships)
- More activities than on other similar sized ships
- Low key and quiet evenings
No, if you want/value
- Smoke free environment – smoking is allowed in the Connoisseur bar and designated outdoor areas
- A flashy high energy evening scene
- More stylish and contemporary design
- A more casual dress code and informal atmosphere
- Traveling with children
- A large variety of scheduled activities and events onboard
ENTRY STARTING PRICES
- Silversea’s veranda staterooms are larger than many other luxury lines.
- Room service will deliver full dinners, served course by course
- Single guests can pay single supplements as low as 125% and Silversea offers singles a reception to meet and greet fellow single travelers
- Each cruise includes a complimentary Silversea Experience – a private shore-side event
- Silversea Expedition ships are purpose-built for expedition cruising. With guest capacity from 100 – 200, Silversea expedition ships have one of the highest space-to-guest ratios.
- Self-serve laundry is available on most ships
YOUR ONBOARD EXPERIENCES
Restaurants may vary by ship.
- Indochine – features cuisine and flavors from Southern Asia (Thailand, Vietnam & India).
- Atlantide – offers the best the seas have to offer along with fine steaks
- La Terrazza – serves authentic Italian
- Spaccanapoli – a Naples inspired pizza restaurant
- Silver Note – offers late night tapas amide the sounds of jazz or the blues
- The Grill – during the day it has a rotisserie, gourmet salad and burger bar. At night guest can cook their own food directly at their table on volcanic rock stones or inside a soup bowl.
- The Restaurant – the main dining room (on certain ships)
On the Silver Spirit only:
- Seishin – Asian fusion cuisine with regional dishes from Japan, China, Thailand, Vietnam and India with sake pairing.
- Stars Supper Club – Cabaret singer entertains with international small plate dishes are available.
Room service is available 24-hours a day.
Each of the specialty restaurants have a up-charge of $60/guest.
- La Dame – fine French dining at its best. The menu is a fusion of French traditional and modern cooking.
- Kaiseki – the menu offers Japanese cuisine and includes sushi, sashimi and other raw Asian inspired dishes.
Silversea’s all-inclusive fares include wines, champagnes, premium spirits, beers, specialty coffees, soft drinks, and stocked suite refrigerator and bars.
Entertainment venues may vary by ship.
Evenings are more sedate than on other cruise lines. Entertainment is primarily singers or musicians in lounges. Venues include:
- Venetian Lounge – Production shows and feature films in cabaret style seating.
- Explorer Lounge – Presentations, lectures and video screenings.
- Panorama Lounge – A peaceful retreat that is the perfect place to break away to. An inviting social place to meet and greet old friends or an evening venue to partake in a cocktail as you sit back and watch the world go by.
- Dolce Vita – Italian inspired piano bar.
- Connoisseur’s Corner – A cigar bar rich and luxurious, yet airy and spacious, this indoor/outdoor venue is where you sip the finest cognac or whisky from a prestigious range and revel in the tranquil murmur of after-dinner conversation.
- Observation Library
- Casino – American Roulette, Blackjack and Ocean Poker, an assortment of multi-game, multi-denominational reel and video slot machines.
SPA & FITNESS CENTER
Relax, rejuvenate and renew all your senses. The Zagara Beauty Spa by Silversea is a sanctuary of pure bliss.
The spa features sweeping sea views with floor-to-ceiling windows, nine treatment rooms, an acupuncture suite, relaxation areas and a dedicated outdoor whirlpool.
Invigorating therapies including facials, body wraps and massages, plus men’s and women’s saunas and steam rooms are perfect for relaxing before your spa treatment or after your workout.
Shipboard attire ranges from casual to formal. The number of Formal Nights, Informal Nights and Casual Nights varies by the length of the cruise.
Casual wear is appropriate for daytime aboard ship or ashore and consists of standard sports outfits as worn at five-star resorts. Shoes should be flat or low heeled for deck activities.
Evening attire falls into three categories: casual, informal and formal.
- On casual evenings, pants, blouses, skirts and casual dresses for ladies; open-neck shirts and slacks for gentlemen are appropriate.
- On informal evenings, ladies usually wear dresses or pantsuits; gentlemen wear jackets (tie optional).
- On formal nights, appropriate formal evening wear for ladies is an evening gown or cocktail dress; gentlemen wear tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits. Tie is required.
On formal nights, guests may dine in La Terrazza and choose to dress informal; dresses or pantsuits for ladies, jackets for gentlemen (tie optional). This option also applies to Seishin and Stars on board Silver Spirit. Dining at The Grill is optional casual all nights.
Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all public spaces, however, a jacket is required. Sailings of 9 days or less typically feature 1 formal night, while longer voyages usually have 2-3 formal nights. Details will be provided in your final cruise documents, but the chart below provides a basic guideline to assist in packing the proper attire.
GRATUITIES & TIPPING
ll gratuities are included in your fare.
An 18% gratuity is automatically added to spa and salon purchases.
Every Silversea ship on every voyage offers one hour of complimentary WiFi Internet access per guest per day, and unlimited WiFi for guests sailing in select suite categories.
Below are just a few featured Silversea Cruises.
Use the Search Box on the right to find other Silversea Cruise itineraries and destinations.
Or just give us a call and we’ll help you find your dream vacation.
So how to choose the right vacation for you?
Vacations are an investment! With literally thousands of options, choosing the right vacation and the best value is difficult to sort through. That’s where I bring my 12 years of travel experience and expertise to do this right, and get you the best value for your money. With the backing of the largest travel consortium behind me, we have options you can’t find online. Plus our work just gets started once we book your dream vacation. Chat with us to learn more.
The world awaits you and we look forward to assisting you in choosing the exact right adventure on the waters or land for you and your companions!