Crystal Cruise’s two ocean ships (Crystal Serenity and Symphony), as well as Crystal’s name, have been purchased by A & K Travel Group (Abercombie & Kent). The holding company is chaired by Manfred Lefebvre d’Ovidio, the former owner of Silversea Cruises.
Crystal has announced its relaunch with new sailings starting July 31, 2023. Welcome back!
Welcome to our definitive guide to Crystal Cruise. Crystal operates some of the largest ultra-luxury ships giving Crystal the opportunity to offer a wider selection of onboard activities than smaller luxury ships. All the restaurants are Michelin inspired and boast 6-star cuisine, with their loyal followers agreeing. Crystal has some of the highest space-to-guest ratios and highest crew-to-guest ratios ensuring the highest levels of service in a spacious and sophisticated environment. All suites include butler service.
Crystal is the leader in entertainment and enrichment programs in the ultra-luxury market. On any night you’ll have a variety of entertainment and enrichment options including live shows, musical performances, movies, and lectures, plus the option to relax in one of its three-bar lounges.
Crystal’s guests enjoy dressing up, showing off their elegant clothes, and mingling with like-minded fellow guests. The average age is a bit higher, but you’ll find guests as young as 45 on most cruises.
Should you choose Crystal Cruises?
Yes, if you want/value
- A more formal dress atmosphere with Formal Nights
- Traveling in ultra-luxury with children
- All-inclusive pricing for ultra-luxury cruising
- A larger luxury ship (around 850- 950 passengers)
- More dining and entertainment options
No, if you want/value
- A very active or energetic environment
- A more casual evening atmosphere
- A younger crowd
- Crystal has a more formal dress code than other ultra-luxury lines. Standards have been relaxed over the years, but during Formal Nights (see below), most men wear tuxedos and women wear full length evening gowns.
- Children and teens have dedicated areas, programs and activities for ages 3 to 17 on holiday voyages and most summer sailings
- In-stateroom babysitting services for children 1 year and older is available on a first-come first served basis (fees apply)
- Penthouses have full Jacuzzi tubs and separate shower; double vanity marble sinks in staterooms
- Suites have unlimited complimentary dining in specialty restaurants
- Complimentary self-service laundromats
- Crystal offers a wide variety of “theme cruises” with the longest being its “Wine & Food Festival” now in its 22st year. Ask for details about these special and sought after cruises.
Your Onboard Experiences
Crystal’s restaurants offer an upscale and sophisticated menu serving some of the best dining on the seas.
- Waterside is the main dining room. No reservations accepted. Serves handmade pastas and a mix of classic favorites and progressive modern dishes
- Marketplace offers casual upscale buffet style dining for breakfast and lunch.
- Silk Kitchen & Bar offers a variety of authentic delicacies such as dumplings, savory crêpes for breakfast,
and favorites such as dim sum, noodles and soups for lunch. A dinner menu features tantalizing family-style sharing plates sure to impress any food aficionado. Open seating for breakfast and lunch; for dinner it is a specialty restaurant and dinner reservations are recommended.
- Churrascaria is a Brazilian steakhouse for dinner and includes a selection of tapas, salads, and seafood brochettes
Room service is always available at no charge.
There are two specialty restaurants which guests can enjoy once each – Prego and Silk Road or The Sushi Bar during each cruise. Additional visits are a $30 upcharge/person.
- Prego – Outstanding Italian, steaks and fish.
- Silk Road or The Sushi Bar by Nobu- Japanese-Peruvian cuisine
Penthouse and above guests are entitled to unlimited complimentary specialty restaurant reservations based on availability, and can order in-room service from Prego or Silk Road.
Complimentary beverages including fine wines, champagne, premium spirits and all non-alcoholic beverages such as bottled water, soft drinks and specialty coffees.
In part because of its larger size, Crystal offers some of the best entertainment in the luxury cruise category. The Galaxy Lounge features production shows with a hydraulic-rising state and headline entertainers. The Hollywood Theatre shows new releases and classic films in Dobly sound. The Crystal Cove, Starlite and Stardust club hosts “spot shows” performed by the Crystal cast.
Crystal is known for it broad enrichment programs. Onboard activities include:
- Crystal Vision Enrichment Program – World-renowned experts hold lectures on world affairs, destinations an cultures, history, art and entertainment.
- Creative Learning Institute – Education classes on art, golf, dancing, bridge and more. Selections can include a Digital Film-making course, instructors from Berlitz and Yamaha, professionals in wellness and classes with Odyssey Art at Sea.
- Dedicated Bridge lounge
- Computer Uniersity@Sea – Professional instruction in 30 different areas from digital photofinishing to mastering the iPad, plus a concierge who assists with devices such as smartphones, tables and eReaders.
- Odyssey Art at Sea Classes – guest learn about watercolor, sculpture, knitting and more.
SPA & FITNESS CENTER
The Crystal Life Spa focuses on wellness following the principles of Feng Shui, the ancient practice of balance and harmony, their award-winning spa embodies a tranquil environment, easily allowing you to slip away from the stresses of daily life.
In serene treatment rooms, rejuvenating services such as Aroma Stone Therapy, Japanese Silk Booster Facial and Well-Being Massage are dispensed with expert care.
Separate facilities for men and women include state-of-the-art sauna and changing areas featuring showers with multiple head and side body jets, fiber optic lighting, and a selection of special rain and mist functions.
A private, canopied relaxation area on the Spa’s aft deck invites relaxation before or after a treatment.
In addition to an extensive selection of specialty massages and acupuncture, Medi-Spa cosmetic treatments offer state-of-the-art, noninvasive procedures for those seeking to reduce signs of aging and improve the condition of their skin.
Boutique luxury salon services feature Deborah Lippmann nail polish products, custom-designed manicure/pedicure areas feature sunken foot bowls, well suited to the “Sole Delight Foot Ritual” with warmed aromatherapy oils and massage prior to a full pedicure.
State-of-the-art Fitness Center offers high-tech equipment includes Technogym® machines for both strength and cardio training; treadmills with flat-screen TVs, cross trainers, recumbent and upright Life Cycles, steppers and more, as well as a range of free weights.
Primarily North American couples 60 years and up with a mix of about 15% from around the world. Guest are very affluent and take pride in showing it in how they dress, and expect others to dress appropriately. More younger guests from 40 and up on shorter cruises. With it’s major refurbishment of the ships in 2017 and 2018, Crystal is trying to appeal to a younger demographic.
Crystal leans toward a more formal dress than most of its competitors, and enforces its dress code. If you enjoy a more informal and relaxed dress code, Crystal might not be your best choice. If you enjoy formality and getting dressed up, and showing off your fine evening wear in an elegant atmosphere, Crystal would be perfect for you. Times are changing. During the Black Tie Optional evening(s), more guests are opting not to wear formal attired during these evenings. For men, a sports coat (without a tie) is becoming more common.
Throughout the day, guests wear a mix of active resort wear. Waterside dining room attire is casual during the day; however, swimsuits, swimsuit cover–ups/robes, baseball hats and denim cutoff shorts are not appropriate. If you choose to change your attire following the evening dinner and other festivities, please maintain a minimum style of dress in keeping with the Crystal Casual dress code. After 6:00 pm, casual daytime attire is not appropriate. Shorts and baseball caps are not permitted for men or women. Guests have two elegant options for preferred evening attire: Crystal Casual and Black Tie Optional. Please refer to the dress codes described in detail below. If you choose to change your attire following the evening dinner and other festivities, please maintain a minimum style of dress in keeping with the dress code described in Crystal Casual.
Crystal Casual Attire
Women’s Crystal Casual includes:
• Dress slacks
Winter Suggestion: Warm wraps or evening coats, as well as gloves and scarves for fall and winter months
Men’s Crystal Casual includes:
• Open-collar shirt
• Collared polo shirt
• Button-down shirt
• Dress shirt (no tie required)
• Dress pants/Smart trousers
• Sport coat (optional)
Winter Suggestion: Overcoat, scarves, gloves and hats for fall and winter months
Black Tie Optional Attire
A Black Tie Optional evening offers a celebratory opportunity to dress more formally on a special evening(s). For men, this includes a dark suit with tie, or tuxedo; for women, this includes a formal cocktail dress, evening gown or dressy evening separates. On Black Tie Optional evenings, we request at least a jacket to be worn by men and a dress, skirt or dress slacks and blouse or sweater to be worn by women. Jeans may not be worn in any dining venues or lounges, including the Casino, on Black Tie Optional evenings. (Note: more guests are opting not to wear formal attired during these evenings. For men, a sports coat (without a tie) is becoming more common.)
On most voyages, guests can expect the following:
• 7-days (or less) cruises: Crystal Casual only, no Black Tie Optional evenings
• 8– to 10–day cruises: Up to one Black Tie Optional evening
• 11– to 13–day cruises: Two Black Tie Optional evenings
• World Cruises, Holiday voyages and Crossings may be scheduled differently
Please be advised that one night of your itinerary (7 days or longer) will be a designated Crystal White Extravaganza, a signature dance party event with the Crystal showband featuring vocalist, violinist and their Latin dance performers. Dress Code is Crystal Casual (suggested white attire).
For your convenience, the recommended dress code for each evening of your cruise is listed in the daily itinerary section of the Priority Check–in & Planning Center (PCPC) accessible at crystalcruises.com.
Complimentary Wi-Fi/Internet access is provided in your suite and throughout the ship, signal permitting. During the 2017 – 2018 refurbishment, high speed accelerators were added to increase Internet speeds.
GRATUITIES & TIPPING
With Crystal’s all-inclusive cruising, complimentary gratuities are included for housekeeping (Penthouse Butler, Penthouse Attendant, Stateroom Attendant and Trainee Stateroom Attendants), bar and dining staff (including specialty restaurants and in-room dining service staff).
If you would like to present gratuities for other service personnel, please do so at your discretion, or if you have any questions regarding gratuities, please contact the Reception Desk on board.
Crystal suggests an 18% gratuity for Crystal Spa & Salon services, which will be automatically added to your bill and charged to your shipboard account for your convenience.
Below are just a few featured Crystal Cruises.
Use the Search Box on the right to find other Crystal Cruises itineraries and destinations.
Or just give us a call and we’ll help you find your dream vacation.
So how to choose the right vacation for you?
Vacations are an investment! With literally thousands of options, choosing the right vacation and the best value is difficult to sort through. That’s where I bring my 12 years of travel experience and expertise to do this right, and get you the best value for your money. With the backing of the largest travel consortium behind me, we have options you can’t find online. Plus our work just gets started once we book your dream vacation. Chat with us to learn more.
The world awaits you and we look forward to assisting you in choosing the exact right adventure on the waters or land for you and your companions!