Updated: January 19, 2021 – Royal Caribbean has sold Azamara to a private equity company
Your definitive guide to Azamara Cruises. Azamara is a definite step up from the premium cruise lines. Some might call it an entry to the luxury cruise market. Known for its destination immersion program with longer time in ports and overnights which allow you to enjoy an authentic local dinner ashore and local entertainment afterward. Most voyages include a complimentary AzAmazing Evening in a port that features a gala, concert, reception or after-hours tour. Shore excursions are designed to immerse passengers in various aspects of the ports of call including cultural, architectural, and culinary. Azamara includes a complimentary limited selection of spirits, and an excellent selection of wines in its fare which helps make guests more social, and bars & lounges fuller. This creates a more active and interesting evening atmosphere. Azamara offers a great value to those wanting a more all-inclusive price.
Should you choose Azamara Cruises?
Yes, if you want/value
- An upscale, intimate, and sophisticated atmosphere
- Destination immersive cruise
- Basic spirits, wines, and beverages included
- Enjoy spending time in ports. Azamara spends more time in ports than most luxury lines and usually has at least one overnight in a port
- Casual and relaxed atmosphere. – no Formal Nights
- More all-inclusive fare
No, if you want/value
- A complete all-inclusive cruise
- Shore excursions are not included
- A very active or energetic environment
- A more formal evening atmosphere
- A younger crowd
- A large ship experience
- A casino -its been removed on Azamara
- Travel with children
- If you love fresh fish, try the Dover Sole in the Aqualina Specialty Restaurant. This is the dish Azamara is known for and it is filleted table size.
- Don’t miss the White Night Party. It is an elaborate outdoor barbecue and buffet with grilled meats and seafood, and a huge delicious dessert spread. After the meal, the pool deck becomes a dance party with live music.
- Visit the Living Room lounge at 5:00 pm for scrumptious daily tapas and appetizers. They pair perfectly with a few cocktails.
- Suite guest receive complimentary access to the two Specialty Restaurants (Prime Cut & Aqualina), English butler service, and 240 minutes of Internet access.
- “Experience More Packages” offer discounts on a combination of beverage, dining, internet and spa treatments to say you money
Direct competition – Oceania
Reasons to select Azamara Cruises:
- Complimentary basic spirits, wine, and soda included
- Longer port stays & more overnights in port
- Complimentary AzAmazing Evening
- Gratuities included
- Free self serve laundry
- Focus on immersive destination experiences
- Adults oriented
- Better entertainment & evening atmosphere
Reasons to select Oceania Cruises:
- No charge for specialty restaurants
- Free WiFi for one login
- Lower base fare for entry-level cabins, but fewer amenities
- Discount package for shore excursions
- You want to gamble
- Focus on culinary experiences onboard & in ports
- Strong kids program
Your onboard experiences
Azamara’s restaurants offer upscale and sophisticated dining.
- Discoveries is the main dining room. No reservations accepted. The menu varies based on the local destination so you can get a taste of the local flavors. The dining room is elegant but dress is resort casual.
- Windows Cafe is casual upscale buffet style dining. Themed daily based on the region you are sailing.
- Patio and Swirl – A covered outside pool grill. Plus a frozen yogurt station with an impressive array of tasty toppings.
Room service is always available at no charge.
There are two specialty restaurants with a $30 up-charge/person (complimentary for suites guests).
- Prime C – Is your steakhouse which also offers crab cakes and lobster bisque.
- Aqualina – Offers an Italian inspired menu. Our favorite is the Dover Sole which is filleted table side with great flair.
Discounted Specialty Dining packages are available.
A limited selection of spirits and wine, plus sodas is included in your fare. An upgraded Premium Beverage package is available. Azamara’s included wine selection is very popular with its loyal base, and is one of the reasons guests choose this cruise line. Azamara also offers “Experience More Packages” which include combinations of Internet, Premium Beverages, and onboard credits for an up-charge.
As you move into the luxury lines, you don’t have the large production shows as on mass market and premium cruise lines. Azamara’s entertainment includes Broadway Cabarets, and signature shows with singers and dancers. A large portion of the music is from the jazz and swing era, with evening dancing including more modern selections played by a DJ. Live music is played in the Living Room during the evenings.
Enrichment – In partnership with the World Wildlife Fund, professional chefs and sommeliers, and leading destination experts mean you’ll find Destination Immersion® Experiences both on shore and onboard. Listen to leading experts cover a range of topics that affect global wildlife, including wildlife and marine conservation, food waste, and sustainable agriculture practices with their World Wildlife Fund Speaker Series. Brush up on your knowledge of terroir and terrines with culinary demonstrations and wine tastings. Discover your next destination before you dock with their comprehensives shore excursion seminars and port-of-call lectures that focus on destination highlights and insider tips to help you Explore Further than ever before. Be in the know with their ever-changing variety of thought-provoking and entertaining programs hosted by Azamara’s own onboard experts.
Local Entertainment – Azamara brings local entertainment onboard so you can experience their culture and music.
SPA & FITNESS CENTER
The Sanctum Spa offers a full range of complimentary onboard fitness and nutrition classes, including one-on-one personal training for an additional cost (plus an 18% gratuity). Services include:
- The Sanctum Terrace: Enter your private spa deck with a bubbling salt water bath and powerful jets that massage you as you soak up the views.
- Facial Glow services: State of the art skin care and restorative facials for men and women.
- Massage therapy: Hot stone therapy, deep tissue massage, Swedish massage and other exotic massage treatments from around the world.
- Body sculpting: Renewing seaweed wraps, cellulite reduction body sculpting, lime and ginger salt glows, and more.
- Spa rituals: A selection of carefully crafted half and full-day packages including body sculpting, facials and massage for the ultimate in relaxation.
- Teeth whitening services for bright beautiful smiles.
THE SALON is a full service salon offers a menu of professional services for men and women, including:
- Hair styling and care including cuts, coloring, highlights and color correction.
- Manicures and pedicures.
- Salon favorites: Special packages of hair and scalp renewing rituals, milk-and-honey manicures and pedicures with massages, and barbering and grooming services.
FITNESS CENTER AND PERSONAL TRAINING Complimentary group classes like sunset yoga on the deck, Pilates, cycling, core workouts, and nutrition classes.
Not the class type? Then head to the well-equipped Fitness Center filled with lifecycles, treadmills, stair-steppers and weights and work out at your own pace as you enjoy spectacular ocean views.
Ramp up the benefits with specialized training (for additional cost):
- Customized personal training: Certified personal trainers will work with you to develop a customized workout plan and lead you through individualized instruction. Take written material back home and keep it up! Customized Pilates instruction is also available.
- Body Sculpt Boot Camp: Offered by the spa, this get-fit boot camp includes individual analysis with a personal trainer and four supervised group workouts.
Azamara attracts couples seeking a sophisticated upscale but casual atmosphere. Fellow guest tend to be 45 years old and up (average age is around 60), successful and well traveled. The average age is lower on Caribbean cruises and as with most cruise lines, it increases on longer ones and those in Europe or Asia. Most guests are from North America, although you’ll find others from around the world. Azamara has a growing LGBT following.
Dress is resort casual at all times. There are no “Formal Nights.”
- For women: sportswear, casual dresses, skirts, pants and capris, blouses and knit tops. Light fabrics such as linen, cotton, silk, and wool gabardine are always appropriate.
- For men: sportswear, collared golf and polo shirts, shorts, pants, and a sport coat if desired (not required). Light fabrics such as linen, cotton, silk, and wool gabardine are best.
Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in any restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so.
Internet is available in most areas of all ships both in public areas as well as in staterooms. Internet rates start at $0.33/minute for a 60 Minutes Package with the Full Voyage Unlimited running $19.95/day. Other rate packages are available. Azamara also offers “Experience More Packages” which include combinations of Internet, Premium Beverages, and onboard credits.
GRATUITIES & TIPPING
Gratuities are included in the cruise fare.
Salon and Spa services subject to an automatic 18% gratuity.
Below are just a few featured Azamara Cruises.
Use the Search Box on the right to find other Azamara Cruise itineraries and destinations.
Or just give us a call and we’ll help you find your dream vacation.
So how to choose the right vacation for you?
Vacations are an investment! With literally thousands of options, choosing the right vacation and the best value is difficult to sort through. That’s where I bring my 12 years of travel experience and expertise to do this right, and get you the best value for your money. With the backing of the largest travel consortium behind me, we have options you can’t find online. Plus our work just gets started once we book your dream vacation. Chat with us to learn more.
The world awaits you and we look forward to assisting you in choosing the exact right adventure on the waters or land for you and your companions!